Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update: Connie's

Someone bought the entire key lime pie at Connie's last night, before I arrived. Aw!

But I can't be too disappointed for two reasons:
One- my dinner was great, again.
Two- I get to go back for pie.

Someone needs to give me a bottle of their onion ring dipping sauce. I think it's tarter sauce with mustard mixed in, I'm not sure. But it's damn good. I dipped my tater tots, onion rings and hamburger in it. I also dipped and licked my fingers... but shhh.

This morning, the three of us Tacoma gal transplants are hunting for the best eggs Benedict in town. Now I actually don't like eggs Benedict, so I'm just going along for the ride.

Contenders:
The Rose Cafe
Hotel Murrano
Paddy Coyne's
Alfred's


Back Up:
The Harmon Hub - they don't have eggs Benedict but it's our fail-safe backup

I'll let y'all know where we end up and will keep you posted on whether their eggs Benedict passes muster or not.

(I'm not actually going to eat it - I'll get my usual wheat toast with jam and a side of bacon with syrup... I figure if you mess that up, you don't have the right to still be in business.)

Looking forward to good grubbing in Tacoma!

No comments: