Friday, September 5, 2008

Connie's Brickhouse! Don't walk, run! (But don't eat all my key lime pie!!!)

Earlier this week we were driving around trying to find a place for this Pregnant Lady to eat after 8 pm on a Tuesday.

I turned down the usual restaurant offerings and was feeling stumped until I browsed through the Entertainment Book for inspiration and spotted a coupone for Connie's Brickhouse. I then recalledTacoma Mamma's glowing review.

See Tacoma Mama's link below:
http://www.tacomamama.com/article.php?story=2008081207090595

We made a beeline for Connie's, armed with our coupon in hand.

It was empty when we arrived and we almost did a backwards trot- an empty restaurant is usually an ominous sign even if it is after 8pm on a weeknight. Still, we took a leap of faith and stayed- I'm so glad we did!

I ordered the most tasty bacon cheeseburger (it came with tater tots which rocked my socks off!) and Kevin ordered a generous bowl of chicken and dumplings. We were equally pleased with our meals. I was sad to learn that they didn't have key lime pie, but we were assured that it would be available again on Friday (today!!).

Both of our meals were definitely budget friendly and fits my idea of good grubbing. You'd probably spend more at Dennys but the food at Connie's is vastly better and quite evocative of home style cooking.

Another thing that thrills me about Connie's is that they're open until 10pm. Thank goodness! I never know when I'm going to be in the mood to eat dinner and recently, I've been eating later than usual.

For all the above reasons and more, we'll be frequenting Connies with well, frequency.

You can check out the restaurant yourself at their website (click on the menu tab):
http://www.conniesbrickhouse.com/

Restaurant Info at a Glance:

Connie's Brickhouse
1213 South 56th Street
253-475-2215

Hours: 4pm to 10 pm each and every day of the week
Food type: Homestyle American Food
Affordability: Prices all under 9 dollars according to Tacoma Mamma and verified by this Pregnant Lady

No comments: