Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pregnant Lady Eats

This blog should really be titled Pregnant Lady Eats because what I'm eating and more to the point, how I'm eating is completely different from what/how I normally eat (Before pregnancy: gourmet, unusual, spicy, flavorful. During pregnancy: quick, easy, doesn't make you puke.)

So while I haven't left my palette at the OB-Gyn's office entirely, I'm still not as refined as I normally am when it comes to sampling the best Tacoma has to offer. But the word normal no longer exists for me in pregnancy-land.. so hopefully this blog will still be relevant to someone.

However, I'm not apologizing for that. If there's anything I like more than talking about food, it's writing about it, even if its during these inauspicious/auspicious times.

About my culinary philosophy because Garlic-knows if I ever compete for Top Chef or the Next Food Network Star I must have a culinary philosophy or I'll be voted off with disdain by Mr. Oh-so-sexy but oh-so-finicky Flay... (gentle superfine sugar-coated sarcasm, the better to finish creme brule with.)I rather like that: Finicky Flay Throws Down with Pregnant Lady Eats.

I'm a foodie, but not a food snob. I'm a cook, but not a chef. I'm pregnant, but not totally without taste.

I think food should be a fun, hedonistic and indulgent experience, but one that is accessible to everyone and easy on the wallet. Flavors should be familiar enough that it borders on nostalgia with a "what is THAT?" kick that elevates the dish to a new level.

And that's what I call good grubbing.

No comments: